What are they?
- Learning Logs replace homework which has, in the past, been given on individual worksheets.
- Learning Logs contain challenging tasks for the children to work on at home.
- Learning Logs share with and inform parents of the learning going on in class that week.
- Learning Logs give children the opportunity to record their knowledge in a variety of ways, chosen by them, that best fit the task.
- Learning Logs aid the development of independent, curious and personal learning.
How will they be used?
- The class teacher will add appropriate learning tasks on the logs on a weekly basis linked with class work.
- Learning Logs are sent home once a week for children to extend and investigate their learning further.
What will be the role of parents?
- To show an interest and discuss the tasks with the children.
- To provide support if needed.
- To inform the class teacher if your child is struggling with a particular task.
- To enjoy ‘taught’ by your child and sharing their learning.
Want to know more?
- Speak to the class teacher.
Visit the website www.learninglogs.co.uk where you will find details and pictures of examples from other schools.